I would like to restart; press a button and watch in a mesmerising blur the old being replaced with the brand new. Darkened leaves reappear with a splash of fiery red and orange and the golden sun will emerge from the clouds, illuminating the world for the final time.
Why do we need to restart?
Sometimes, our mental health can become depleted or strained due to various factors such as stress, trauma, or life changes. When this happens, we may experience symptoms such as anxiety, depression, insomnia, or burnout. In order to address these symptoms and improve our mental wellbeing, we may need to take steps to “restart” our mental health.
What happens when we restart?
When we restart our mental health, we are essentially taking steps to restore and replenish our mental resources. This may involve taking a break from stressors or triggers, engaging in self-care activities, seeking professional support, or making lifestyle changes. By doing so, we can improve our mental resilience and better cope with challenges in the future.
The process of restarting
The process of restarting our mental health will depend on the individual and their specific needs. However, some common steps that may be involved include:
- Recognizing that a mental health restart is needed: This involves acknowledging that our mental health has been impacted and that we need to take action to improve it.
- Identifying triggers and stressors: This involves identifying the factors that may be contributing to our mental health struggles, such as work or relationship stress, financial worries, or health concerns.
- Seeking support: This may involve reaching out to a mental health professional, a support group, or trusted friends and family members for guidance and assistance.
- Engaging in self-care activities: This may include practices such as meditation, exercise, healthy eating, getting enough sleep, or engaging in creative hobbies.
- Making lifestyle changes: This may involve setting boundaries in relationships, reducing work hours, or finding new ways to manage stress.
The benefits of restarting
There are many potential benefits to restarting our mental health, including:
- Improved mood and emotional wellbeing
- Reduced anxiety and stress
- Better coping skills
- Increased self-awareness and self-care practices
- Greater resilience to future challenges
Overall, taking steps to restart our mental health can be an important part of promoting our overall wellbeing and quality of life.